Friday 27 May 2011

Surrey Hills

One of the things I'm looking forward to on Sunday, apart from 10 miles of Surrey hills to stretch the legs over is that the Surrey Hills brewery has moved to Denbies- race HQ.

If you've never tasted any of their beer I can't recommend it higher enough.  Both their regulars- Ranmore Ale and Shere Drop are truly excellent bitters- every brewery does them but few as good as both of these.  Their Hammer Mild again is excellent.  They've won Camra awards for Ranmore Ale and have been the rare privallage of recieving the 'Breadsweatandbeers- beer of the GBBF' award for both Ranmore (2009) and Hammer Mild (2010).

So, finger crossed after I've crossed the finish line I'll be able to take a look at their operation and purchase a few bottles.

Oh and yes there's a joke about Ranmore ale and ran more ale, but I'm not going to make it as Surrey Hills have already on the label for the fine ale itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment