Thursday 9 June 2011

Next stop Box Hill

In this weeks edition of the Guardian's excellent series on running with the Kenyans (read it here) Adharand Finn talks of his adventures of completing a half marathon with 4,000ft of height- the Fluorpsar run, which reminded me its only 2 weeks or so until the Mid Summer Munro, which packs in a weighty 3,000ft of ascent and descent.  I did last year in 2:07, I think the course record is around 1:44 which shows how hard it is.  It is however the friendliest race I've ever entered.  I'm looking forward to it and hope to bring my time down to 2:05 or less.

The last few weeks training have gone well, had a nice 20 mile run on the North Downs Way and managed to fit in some hill training whilst visiting my brother in Plymouth.  As part of my run today I did 5 sets of stairs on the outside of the national theatre to help prepare (as much as you can) for the steps of box hill- but in reality I don't think anything can prepare you for those steps, the second time at mile 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment