Saturday 17 September 2011

Nonsuch Park Run

Went along to the inaugural running of the Nonsuch Park Run this morning.  There was a good turn up of 160+ runners, many of whom took advantage of the flat course to post some fast sub-18 minute times (it was won in 16:23).  I completed the course in a slightly more sedate 19:35 but considering it was the day after a 15 mile (1,500 ft height gain) run through the hills around Coulsdon I was surprised to sub 20.  It's a good course, which makes full use of the park with a mix of grass, trail and tarmac and as the nearest to home I may have to go along again at some point- maybe try and get my time nearer to 19 minutes. 

There's now 5 Park Runs in the area- at some point (maybe next year) I want to have a go at running them all and in between in one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment