Monday 16 January 2012

Lloyd Park XC


 The weekend was Cross Country down at Lloyd Park.  Last time I ran near Lloyd Park was the disaster that was the Croydon Ultramarathon- but at least today I had no worries about getting lost due to the fantastic course marking and organisation by Sutton Runners and Holland Sports.

The field was strong and I started too fast meaning after the first mile there was a whole host of people overtaking me which was, truth be told, pretty depressing.  Come the second lap I managed to pick up the pace a little and gain some places back, especially on the final downhill and crossed the line in 68th 33:15; not bad but not great.  The club however did well as a team coming in at third; keeping us at fourth in the league.

Next week is the Box Hill fell race which is going to be longer, hillier and harder than xc in Croydon- and despite all this, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment