Sunday 31 July 2011

More training and more back to back runs

Took Monday and Tuesday off as I was pretty tired after the back to back runs last weekend, did a nice 6.5m loop round Hyde Park on Wednesday, Thursday was the clubs 5k summer race series (19:27, thought I'd got a pb for the course by a few seconds, but turns out I was slower by a few seconds) which I ran out and back from making it 9 or so miles for the evening.  With UltraRace Peaks now 3 weeks away this weekend was the last real opportunity for some proper distance training so did a hilly 21 miles on Saturday followed by a flat 12 miles today in the sun.  Felt OK on both and took them pretty easy around 8 minute miles, but was pleased that I paced them pretty evenly and felt like I could have run and run at that pace.

This months total distance is 187 miles, definitely the most training I have ever done- lets hope it pays off in a few weeks time.

In the world outside of running it is the Great British Beer Festival this week and I shall be there on Friday; can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment