Monday 15 August 2011

1 week till UltraRace Peaks

A relatively relaxed week, did some speed work on Tuesday (4x1 mile reps) and a relaxed 10k round Hyde Park on Thursday.  On Sunday, as I was up in Cheltenham visiting some friends, I managed to go for a really good hilly 10 mile run up on to Cleeve Hill which had about 1,400ft of height gain and loss.  The descent back in town was awesome, absolutely flying along through the brambles and stinging nettles!  It was the kind of run that reminds me why I like hitting the trails so much.

This week will be even more relaxed as I taper/don't run ahead of Sundays race. I think I might just get out for a 6 mile run on Wednesday and then that's it before Sunday; UltraRace Peaks 40 miles of fun from Cromford to Derby!  Not sure what kind of time I'll be aiming for, but my broad tactic is to run the first 20 miles at around 8:30 pace, walking any steep hills and then see how I feel for the second half.  Just got to hope I don't get lost or the wheels fall off too bad after mile 30...

No comments:

Post a Comment